Energy Interop Server & System
A standards‐based web services enabled real time demand response, price conveyance and telemetry management server that automates scalable two way communications from energy providers to commercial, industrial and residential consumers.DOWNLOAD EISS™ DATA SHEET →
What Does EISS™ Do?EISS allows energy providers to communicate in near real time with their customers in the following ways:
- Send Pricing (Locational Marginal Price (LMP), hourly, or some other type).
- Send Demand Response events and receive confirmation of curtailment.
- Receive notification of Price Responsive Demand (PRD) curtailment actions.
- Easily sort and automatically forward notifications from energy providers to your customers.
- Monitor load behavior in near real time.
Enables interoperability by translating and communicating from EI and OpenADR 2.0 protocols to provide control signals to a variety of devices (i.e. HVAC, solar and wind generation, ice storage, etc.); using a multiplicity of protocols and standards including BACnet and Modbus.
Energy Interop Server and System (EISS™) is an open standards based system that uses the new OASIS Energy Interop™ standard. This standard was created in alignment with the federal Smart Grid efforts led by NIST to provide a single, open standard on which all energy related communications could be based. This standard is open and not specific to any single manufacturer. This attribute means that many different equipment manufacturers can adopt this standard and this can significantly reduce DA/CSP costs to add new customers.
DOWNLOAD EISSBox DATA SHEET →