Energy Interop Server & System® (EISS®) is an OpenADR 2.0 standard‐based Virtual Top Node (VTN) or server that automates secure, scalable two-way communications from energy providers to commercial, industrial and residential consumers of demand response, price, and telemetry data. EISS allows energy providers to communicate in near real time with their customers in the following ways:
EISS<b>®</b> Virtual Top Node (VTN) Server
- Convey energy price (Locational Marginal Price (LMP), hourly, or some other type).
- Send Demand Response (DR) events and receive confirmation of curtailment.
- Receive notification of Price Responsive Demand (PRD) or economic curtailment actions.
- Easily sort and automatically forward notifications from energy providers to their customers.
- Monitor load behavior in near real time.