The Cyber domain is a constantly changing battlespace. Threats and new vulnerabilities emerge daily that can compromise an application, system, or network in moments.
- Information security incidents reported by federal agencies to the U.S. CERT continues to increase– 5,503 in fiscal year 2006 to 77,183 in fiscal year 2015, an increase of 1,303%
- The FBI estimates that victims spent at least $1 billion in ransom payments in 2016
- Cyberattacks cost companies an average of $4 million, according to the Ponemon Institute
- Juniper Research estimates the overall cost of cyber crime will reach $2 trillion by 2019
The federal government mandates all healthcare organizations, federal agencies and financial institutions comply with policies, principles, standards and guidelines for protecting their systems and information.
Federally mandated requirements are difficult to achieve and maintain with budget constraints, limited expertise, and costly software and hardware.
GAO recommends the following actions are needed:
- Effectively implement risk-based information security programs.
- Improve capabilities for detecting, responding to, and mitigating cyber incidents. Even with strong security, organizations can continue to be victimized by attacks exploiting previously unknown vulnerabilities. To address this, need to expand the capabilities and adoption of its intrusion detection and prevention system, and agencies need to improve their practices for responding to cyber incidents and data breaches.
- Expand cyber workforce and training efforts.
IPKeys CLaaS™ (Cyber Lab as a Service)
IPKeys CLaaS™ provides the consistency and actions needed to address the GAO report dated September 19, 2016
IPKeys CLaaS™ comes ready to serve your organization with all the latest in software and cybersecurity techniques to keep your brand safe.
- Allows customers to focus on their core mission and business with a consistent security implementation
- Reduces cost and schedule, while increasing performance to achieve and maintain security authorization through a single solution
- Supports mandated requirements for protecting systems and information
- Optimizes remediation by clearly identifying the types and methods to resolve findings
IPKeys CLaaS™ provides best-in-breed improved cyber capabilities and cybersecurity experts in a single service that keeps customer informed of the cybersecurity defensive posture of their system. It can be deployed on customer premise using hardware or virtual solutions to ensure protection of their systems and information. IPKeys CLaaS™ can accept software source code in our secure lab for analysis during your software development lifecycle – fixing security issues during design protections systems and information and reduces costs 4x to 5x than fixing after product release.
IPKeys CLaaS™ uses a strategic three facet approach:
IPKeys CLaaS™ provides the capabilities to visually map your “as is” IT Infrastructure providing a static view of your system and baselines where the system is at a given time along with the assets.
Mapping is used to conduct static scans and assessments of the IT Infrastructure which defines the mission of the environment to ensure operations will continue even when change is introduced.
These scans and assessment discover vulnerabilities and provide the visuals necessary to manage changes. These real-time visuals will illustrate to the client any deviations in their IT Infrastructure while giving clear insights on current and emerging threats and costs that could impact your IT Infrastructure .
IPKeys CLaaS™ has the capacity to understand the context of the IT Infrastructure. We monitor and provide a dynamic view of your IT Infrastructure of monthly operations and potential vulnerabilities while alerting the customer the changes to this IT Infrastructure map as they occur.
Sensing, classifies deviations “what is normal” for the IT Infrastructure and informs => Sensing, classifies deviations “what is normal” for the IT Infrastructure and alerts the customer when changes exceed parameters.
IPKeys CLaaS™ transforms the mapping and sensing data into information to drive proactive changes within the IT Infrastructure.
Responding provides the optimal mix of capabilities within an organization’s budget with the maximum automation and continuous monitoring.
Moving from “human in the loop” to “human on the loop” ensures the proactive responsiveness to navigate today’s cyberspace understanding the dynamic threat exposure.