Cloud & Data Center Engineering
Cloud computing has had a significant impact on the modernization of IT within government agencies. IPKeys has been instrumental in assisting our government customers with the migration of their data centers to the cloud and implementing effective cloud computing practices. IPKeys is a leader in cloud enablement and has been significantly involved in private, public, and community cloud deployments in support of the Department of Defense Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI).
Cloud Migration Expertise and Experience
IPKeys understands the issues and challenges faced by companies, organizations, and agencies when moving services to the cloud. Our team of cloud experts has in particular worked with multiple Federal Government agencies and is well-versed with the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) that provides a standardized, government-wide approach to the security layer for cloud products and services. The team has hands-on experience working with leading industry Cloud Service Providers like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure at FedRAMP prescribed Impact Level 4 and Impact Level 5. Our work fully conforms to the Federal Government’s stated cloud services goals and adopted strategy which is primarily to deliver innovation, efficiencies, and security in a cost effective manner. We help our customers comply with the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) established by the OMB which requires agencies to:
- Develop and report on their data center strategies;
- Transition to more efficient infrastructure, such as cloud services and inter-agency shared services;
- Leverage technology advancements to optimize infrastructure; and
- Provide quality services for the public good.
Our comprehensive knowledge of cloud computing and data center engineering as well all applicable Federal Government compliance rules and guidelines can greatly simplify the task of moving services to the cloud for agencies and organizations.
Cloud & Data Engineering Services
Our cloud and data engineering expertise covers the entire spectrum of the cloud services migration process, including:
- Transition/migration from on-premise data centers to an approved Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Cloud Service Offering (CSO);
- Design and build-out of data center and cloud enclaves that conforms to cost saving efforts while maintaining effectiveness, innovation, efficiencies, and security;
- Optimization of the cloud environment with a well-defined governance strategy, cloud analytics and reporting, and properly configured elasticity and scalability;
- Development of a Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), disaster recovery, and backup operations;
- Rationalization and analysis of software applications to help consolidate and improve business operations;
- Validation and testing to ensure that solutions meet specifications and intended purposes;
- Ongoing support and maintenance of cloud and data center environments;
- Assisting in the adoption, transition, and integration of cloud services (e.g., IaaS to PaaS).