System Acquisition & Support
IPKeys’ first class acquisition staff places years of commercial/government program management leadership and experience at your disposal. Our expert acquisitions and logistics knowledgebase spans the entire range of the Department of Defense Instruction 5000.02 (DODI 5000.02) Operation of the Defense Acquisition Process Including: Acquisition Policy, Program Planning, Requirements Management, Scheduling, Resource Management, Budgeting, Testing, and Task Management. We have the experience and expertise to effectively meet the life cycle cost schedule and performance goals of any customer acquisitions program.
The System Acquisition Process
Our Systems Acquisition & Support services provide focused integrated support to optimize mission needs within the prescribed system budget, timeline, and performance requirements across the entire system life cycle.
What We Deliver
Our System Acquisition services comprehensively include:
- Life cycle program support: Day-to-day Project Management Office (PMO) operations
- Strategic planning: Aligning program mission with agency strategy, corporate planning, and capability delivery
- Financial management: Complete life cycle and annual planning, execution, and reporting
- Release management: Proactive review of schedule and critical path to manage risks
Our customers benefit from our highly experienced System Acquisition staff who have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Department of Defense policies and procedures in all areas of acquisition and program management; and
- Deep levels of expertise and unmatched experience supporting program execution at the department, joint, and service levels
Process and Regulatory Framework
IPKeys has years of experience with the Department of Defense systems acquisition process and requirements and we are intimately familiar with the encompassing regulatory framework and rules.
DODI 5000.02 Policies & Procedures
Department of Defense Instruction 5000.02 (DODI 5000.02) prescribes the underlying policies and procedures relating to the defense acquisition system subject to the guidelines of Office of Management and Budget. The Instruction identifies milestones and decisions required by the process that more efficiently achieve program objectives, consistent with statutory requirements.
The Instruction lays out the overall acquisition program as a procedural structure comprised of a sequence of these decision points. Multiple programs are covered by the Instruction (include weapon systems, a variety of services, and information systems) and IPKeys primarily focuses on the Instruction’s software-intensive and software-dominant defense acquisition program models. Our detailed knowledge and experience with the DODI 5000.02 system acquisition program models ensures that we can fulfill any customer program requirements within their program life cycle time and cost schedule.